Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 14: Lakeview Street Poles

My first pole tended to be a little too much of an outstretch for Lakeview. It was more focused on creating a interesting piece of art work that fit the scale but not the demographic it was being created for. I went about it in the same manner as we did with the photoshop paintings. I would just create a bunch of layers and continue to turn layers on and off until i was i found a composition that i was happy with.
   For my second composition, i decided to take into consideration more of what kind of area Lakeview is. I tied in the Cubs colors to help emphasize the Wrigleyville feel. I kept it simple and clean to try to play along with the upscale environment. I chose to leave out anything to represent boystown because i feel that regardless of a persons sexual orientation they can appreciate a piece of art that is made for their hometown/area.

No comments:

Post a Comment